At Goji we’re building the technology to power alternative investments. We believe investments should positively impact society and that everyone should be able to benefit from these opportunities.
We want Goji to be a place where people can do their best work. We’re a close knit team and we give people a high degree of autonomy and we value humility, empathy and curiosity.
The last ten years have seen an explosion of new investment opportunities for UK retail investors. From peer-to-peer, ICOs, equity crowdfunding, private equity and robo advice, retail investors can now access investment opportunities that were previously only available to institutional investors.
All of these investment managers have to build the same set of core capabilities which takes time away from developing what makes their business unique. Goji provides a modular platform that gives managers these capabilities out of the box.
We have raised more than £4 million from investors at seed and series A rounds including fintech VCs Anthemis and AXA Venture Partners.
We want to use the best available tools to tackle the problems in front of us and encourage colleagues to consider if there are new technologies that we should be using.
Development is done in a highly agile manner with a focus on building very high quality code that lasts the test of time. The applications are deployed using Continuous Delivery (we deploy code to production multiple times per day) and our goal is to verify the software using 100% automated testing.
What you will be working on
Technology at Goji is core to everything we do. As such you may be working on everything from changes to the way we allocate and reconcile investments through to improving our customer onboarding flow by further automating our anti-fraud processes to improving our architecture to handle more scale or enhance our security.
You will be responsible for helping the team choose appropriate front-end frameworks and tools for upcoming Greenfield projects, as well as the migration of current front end systems. You will have the chance to act as the JS subject matter expert and provide coaching/mentoring to other team members on these areas. You will be responsible for adding features to investor facing and internal facing we apps.
We approach writing software as a craft, and care as much about how the code is written as we do the software we produce. We achieve this through following principles like Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, SOLID and all understand the importance of producing high quality, well designed code.
Whatever you’re working on, you are given freedom and autonomy to work with your colleagues to determine the best way to deliver value. We don’t have separate front end, server side and operations team – you are encouraged to work on it all.
- Working as part of an autonomous development team to deliver the software needed to achieve Goji’s business goals
- Writing high quality code, including appropriate automated tests
- Providing code reviews
- Working with your colleagues to define a backlog of work the development team can work on
- Helping to define ACs and contributing to writing ‘executable specifications’
- Taking part in the activities of an agile team eg stand ups, planning, demos and retrospectives
- Building and maintaining an alerting and monitoring infrastructure and taking part in a support rota to ensure Goji’s systems are available 24×7. This involves being part of a two-person support team approximately one week in 5. One person in the team provides primary cover and the second person acts as a backup.
- Responding to production issues in a timely manner
Skills and capabilities
- Experience with some JS frameworks (React, Angular 2+, Vue.js or Ember.js)
- Experience with some of the following; Babel, SASS / Less, Typescript, Webpack
- Experience working with relevant testing tools (Jest, Mocha, Protractor, Enzyme)
- Familiarity with micro frontends
- Experience working with Java or C# is a plus or equally desire to learn
- A desire to create beautiful, functional and responsive webpages
- You will need to be curious about new ways of working and be a team player that is willing to put forward and defend ideas
The application process
We’re keen to make the application process an opportunity for both Goji and the candidate to assess whether this is the right opportunity and to be as efficient as possible. The steps are as follows:
- 45-60 minute phone interview with screenshare coding exercise
- 3 hour face to face interview including a pair-programming exercise, white board session and culture interview
What we can offer you
Goji is a close-knit team where we want everyone to thrive and build their career. We know that ultimately we will only be successful as a company if we focus on being successful together, so we place a high value on trust, empathy, humility and delivering together as a team.
We encourage each other to continue our learning and have attended conferences (AWS and muCon) and we hold weekly lunch and learns where we can share and develop new ideas.
- Highly competitive salary plus equity
- Macbook Pro
- Flexible work schedules
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Friday drinks and fortnightly team lunches
- Monthly company socials
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical care and insurance